This...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

17 October 2008

Ok, I'll bite.

Okay... I guess I'm ready to share with y'all what caused me such distress at youth group.

I warn you. It won't seem like something to be worked up about to you... but this... just sucked ALL the passion, the love I had for singing. And it really had me upset.

So... it was the end of youth group. Rusty's buddy CJ sat down next to me, and proposed, of all things, singing lessons. Ughh!
He briefed me of the procedure. I didn't like it, but I wasn't about to show it. I sat there silently, giving absentminded nods every so often to tell him I was listening. I kept fighting the urge to run outside and cry uncontrollably.

Now, I have ALWAYS hated the guts of singing lessons; I'm a firm believer that true talent comes naturally. In nearly every situation. So I avoid even the mere thought of singing lessons like the Plague. Actually, I'd rather HAVE the Plague than be told my vocals hoover. It took YEARS for ANY singing talent to appear within me at ALL!

And I don't think that's the whole reason why I was crying my eyes out when I got home. I think what wounded and offended me most was when CJ said that not everyone can sing.

NOW I KNOW FOR SURE THAT BOTH HE AND RUSTY THINK I CAN'T SING.
AND WHAT'S WORSE, THEY'RE PROFESSIONALS, SO IT'S HARDER FOR ME TO IGNORE IT!

It was a MAJOR blow. I was extremely depressed when I got home. When everyone had gone to bed and I tried to, I found myself crying endlessly. It really hurt. One of the BEST ways to make me cry is to tell me I can't sing.
My vocals are one of my VERY few claims to fame amongst all who know me. Anyone who tells me that I have no singing voice obviously either knows nothing about me or knows me full well, but doesn't love me at all.

The next morning was worse. I was listening to "Catchafire" and crying. And I don't usually cry during a song like "Catchafire." Who would?
"Isaiah" helped me through it greatly. A beautiful song telling me to give glory to God no matter what. And so I did, so I shall.

END RANT.

2 comments:

CrimeSceneFairy said...

I sorry, Bluey! And I glad you're feeling much better!

Anonymous said...

Hey Blueh! its Jesus Freak94.
That sucks :( but I'm sure he isnt saying you cant sing!!! I told one of my friends she should do singing lessons, but I meant that she had a really pretty voice and singing lessons might just give her a couple of tips on looking after her voice etc...
I see what you mean by that it should come naturally...and I'm not trying to contradict you (I kinda agree) but it has helped me get better and more confident (I STILL can't believe i sang at Youth Alive!!! i used to be soooooo quiet and shy)

Luv ya
Lizzie