This...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

13 October 2008

Boy... What a DAY!

Yah, today... was been pretty bad (for the most part).

School was fine. Perfectly fine.
It was AFTERschool that the problems began.

Ma's bus, 336 (whom shall be called the name I gave him, Frostbite, for future reference) was dragged into the shop because the "Check Engine" light came on his instrument cluster and the shop was worried... so Ma was given 162, or "Speedster," as I call him. I call him Speedster because he's fast for a spare bus. Anyway.

My first problem was that Squizzy decided to freeze as "Isaiah" finished yet another play. It made me quite disappointed.
But the other problem was somewhat worse.
Speedster was starting to... give out. He didn't want to go, and Ma had to force her foot down on his pedal repeatedly to get him going. I was worried, because Speedster... he doesn't act like this; he's a speed demon!!!
So it was RIGHT AFTER the second-to-last stop. Speedster TRIES to keep going... all in vain. He died in the middle of the road. But he still had momentum, so Ma "coasted" him into the parking lot of my church, Myrtle Grove Baptist.
There were three of us: Ma, myself, and our other passenger, an old friend of ours named Rachael (yes, it's spelled like that). So we sat there at the church, and at this point, I was wishing I had youth group that night. XD We kept there for 30 minutes until MY ride got there, and the mechanics (Ma calls 'em maniacs. :P) arrived, and got ol' Speedster started.
So I left with my ride, and I got the verdict when Ma got home: Speedster is alive... but he's likely to do it again ("Park it for the next victim."). No shocker there; Speedster was manufactured in 1986. He's 22 years old! OLD for a bus!

Once I got home, I immediately began the operation of reviving Squizzy, who froze when I finished yet another play of "Isaiah." It hadn't moved since it froze. MANY times I put the proverbial defibrillator to him. He didn't move for most of 'em. Swampie's iTunes only recognized him 3 times. All three told me he was corrupted. :(
The first two times I pressed the Restore button, he disappeared off the face of iTunes. The third time, it started extracting his files, but it quit after this. RIGHT AFTER I disconnected Squizzy from Swampie did it try to go further. And I HATED that. It was ANNOYING.
Finally, I hooked it up to Ma's computer (aka, used a different proverbial defibrillator), and this one finally got him to reset. I saw the silver Apple logo, and I knew all was well. :D :D :D

It was a bad day, but it turned out wonderfully. :D :D

CZYA

2 comments:

CrimeSceneFairy said...

Bad days make for great bloggin's! :D
Um...
Yeah.
22 YEAR OLD BUS?!? THAT'S 110 IN BUS YEARS!!
My dad said so!
5 bus years for every human year.
Yeah.
That's an old bus.
I wish I could name busses.
Well bye.

netsirK said...

Poor Speedster. :( And what a time for Squizzy to die! At least you stopped in a good place.




(P.S. I'd love to get Isaiah from you sometime. :D)