This...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

27 October 2008

'Allo



See the vid? Jess made it. :D Thanks, girl!
Now I realize almost all who view this blog have heard the song playing on this vid.
But you, Verja, have not.
Therefore, I urge you to view it.

Okay, now I debrief you about my youth group last night.

Dude, that was a lot better than I thought.
First, one of the songs that plays before the service begins was "The One Thing." A PAULIPOPS song! I never imagined...

Anyway.
The service itself was GREAT. We talked about Communion.
And we saw this video... I hated it. Not because it was bad, but because we do it so often. This dude was talking with Jesus, and he seemed so busy. Near the end, he accepts this invitation to this party, and he keeps telling Jesus to stay, but He won't back down. Then the dude starts getting hostile, which rips my heart in two. The video ends with the dude slamming his fists into His hands, and He looks like He's been nailed to the Cross all over again. "The Killing Tree" came to mind... I was so appalled.
Do I really treat Him like that??
It genuinely broke my heart.

And even though I had searched my heart, I still felt so incredibly unworthy, and I didn't want to partake in Communion. I couldn't. It hurt. :(

So yes, the service turned out wonderfully.
But right after, it took a turn.

Our adult congregation had a business meeting. At first, I took up that time to dance, sing and worship, like I love to do, but never get the genuine chance to do.
But for some reason, I got bored with that. And I didn't want to seem lost, so I hung around my grandparents' vehicle.

That was when I started getting irritated. I sat outside for an HOUR. I don't even think they were doing a business meeting, but a whole other service altogether! That made me angrier, and it didn't help my headache. I was so grateful when they came out.

So, yeah.

CZYA

1 comment:

CrimeSceneFairy said...

Hrm. Glad ya had a good time! I want to come hang wichu sometime. Have you any idea what a GARB church is and if your church is one? Cuz if it was a GARB I might be able to convince my parents to go there next furlough. B-)
Except I'll be like 100 years old. BOO.
And your church probably wouldn't wanna support us. Boo.
N. E. Ways.
Bye.