This...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

24 December 2008

Adoration -- the Christmas Eve Tidings

Hai, all.
It's Christmas Eve. Has it been as strange-feeling for y'all as it has been for me? This year doesn't really feel like Christmas, and yet, here we are.
Boy, 2008 has flown by fast!
This is one of my favorite years to date -- all of my internet friends, I met this year. Which is pretty amazing, if you ask me. :P

But that's not what I wanted to talk about.
What I wanted to talk about was that famed Christmas song we all know... "Adoration."
I'll tell you right now, I love this song. A lot.

You know the lyrics to it, right? I sure do.
And my favorite part has to be some of the best lyrics I've ever seen. Look --

He raises a wrinkled hand
Through the dust and the flies,
Wrapped in rags like we are,
And with barely open eyes,
He takes my finger,
And He won't let go, and He won't let go.
It's nothing like I knew before,
And it's all I need to know.

My highlight of my favorite part (:P) is in bold. :)
And here --

Jesus, our Emmanuel,
He's with us here, and He won't let go!

:D
Imagery like that makes my heart happy.

Don't you agree?

CZYA

5 comments:

Kristen said...

The "Is with us here and He won't let go" is my favorite part. :D

CrimeSceneFairy said...

:D YAY ADORATION!
I met all my online buddies this year too!! :D :D YAY!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE that song.

and i met all my internet friends this year as well :)

random, but thanks for being so awesome and friendly and funny on the boards (and in your blog):) :) :)

Brittany November said...

Eek! I loves that song! It's the best (er...only.) Christmas song they ever did ;)
Have a very happy Christmas there Miss Bluey :-)

netsirK said...

Adoration has got to be my favourite Christmas song in the world. :) So beautiful!

And this year of course was an awesome year for me as I met you and other awesome folks. Crazy, but awesome. XD

(and it still doesn't feel like Christmas to me either)