This...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

30 March 2009

Rednecks and Fire Extinguishers...

I'll explain the title at the end of the post. ;)

Anyway... today's main blog topic for tonight is...
*drumroll*
Family Force 5! Whoo!
*groaning from Skittles, Owan and Guitargirl, cheers from netsirK*
Thank you, thank you...

I am here to address and interpret the spiritual significance of the songs of Family Force 5... just so I can at least try to prove to you they're not all about dancing...
That, and it keeps my mind off you-know-what.

These are the songs I've actually heard, at least once, and therefore can "categorize:"

From Business Up Front/Party In The Back:
Cadillac Phunque
Kountry Gentlemen
Drama Queen
Love Addict
Earthquake
Replace Me
Lose Urself
Peachy
Supersonic
Numb
I Love You To Death
Face Down
Never Let Me Go

From Dance or Die:
Dance or Die
Get Your Back Off The Wall
Rip It Up
How In The World
Fever
Party Foul
D-I-E 4 Y-O-U
The First Time
Wake the Dead
Radiator

Alright, here we go...

Family Force 5 Songs That...

Have NO Spiritual Meaning/Reference to God WHATSOEVER:
Cadillac Phunque
Kountry Gentlemen
Earthquake
Numb
Party Foul

Contain INDIRECT References to God/Spiritual Meanings:
Drama Queen
Lose Urself
Get Your Back Off The Wall
Rip It Up
Wake the Dead

Contain SEMI-DIRECT References to God/Spiritual Meanings:
Love Addict
Supersonic
Face Down
Never Let Me Go
Dance or Die
How In The World
Fever
The First Time
Radiator

DIRECTLY Reference God/Have Clear Spiritual Meanings:
Replace Me
Peachy
I Love You To Death*
D-I-E 4 Y-O-U

* Now... I have to explain why I Love You To Death directly references God... now, I'm very sure this is a misheard lyric, but this misheard lyric is purely why I put it there.
You can look up the lyrics if you'd like, but I'd like it if you would tell me what the real lyric is. ;)

"We'll be together forever, and that's a promise, promise.
Can't live a second without You, got to be honest, honest.
I'm not afraid of the Jesus that I take,
This ain't no test..."

Hey, it makes sense to me! :P

Now... the title... oh, that's a funny story... years and years ago, when my biological parents were together... they were riding down the road in an old VW Beetle... and flames... started firing out the back, where the engine was.
And so the old Beetle got pulled over - by the way, this is an extremely busy street this car decided to blow up on - And before anyone knew it, the fire department they pulled up next to... well, it wasn't needed. Fifteen people came around and sprayed down the flaming car with fire extinguishers they had in their own vehicles... yeah... :P XD

CZYA

7 comments:

Kristen said...

I have no thoughts nor opinions on FF5's spiritual content. I haven't really listened to their songs. I'm just not for the style. ^_^

What nice people! :D Amusing!

Kiwifruit said...

*groans from Kiwifruit, also*
Sorry, I haven't heard much of their music, but just the pictures are enough to creep me out! ;D
Wow, flaming Herbie.....
~Kiwi~

netsirK said...

*cheers* Yay FF5! OK, lyrics aren't the strong parts on many of their songs. But goodness they are so much fun!

Haha! That's funny. XD Yay rednecks! "What the United States needs is more rednecks"~my dad. And yes, he was being serious.

CrimeSceneFairy said...

so most of there songs have no spiritual meaning, indirect spiritual meaning, or semi-direct. That's what I call watering down soda (if i liked soda), too much milk in chocolate, fries with no outside, just icky potatoes in the form of a stick.
;) If that makes sense.
Mah point is....maybe unbelievers do like their music...but it's not changing them at all...so what's the point...
maybe that's not my point.
It's a hard thing to word.
Anyways I still think they have talent. :)
XD XD XD Funnay story!!!

Kiwi da Fruit said...

Then again, Skittles, not every band you listen to has to be Christian. Like Relient K can be pretty 'cross-over,' but I still like to listen to them. I'm not saying I like FF5 or their music, though, I'm just saying that they don't HAVE to do all Christian songs.
~Kiwi again~

Brittany November said...

I'm with Skittles on this one. Even if I DID like FF5's style, I would be opposed to calling them a "Chritsian" band when..... *Mental Math*....roughly 1/5th of their songs are directly Christian.

For the record, FF5 is my best friend's favorite band...and she doesn't like newsboys :P We manage to be friends anyways ;)

But yeah. WOOO! Flaming cars! :-D Sounds like something that would happen around here...

Jesus Freak94 said...

YAY! i liketh FF5!
think im agreeing with netsirK here :)