This...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

03 November 2008

North Carolina Heritage

Haihai.
I was thinking about something yesterday.
Tacogirl, Verja and netsirK all talk about where they live every once in a while, but I haven't talked about where I live ONCE. So I thought I'd introduce you to all the stuffs of North Carolina. In Facebook flair.


Yes, I am. Born and raised in a little suicidal town called Wilmington (and I DO mean suicidal).



The North Carolina quarter! Same theme as our normal licence plates: the first flight, right along our Outer Banks.



And the iconic Cape Hatteras. Tallest brick lighthouse in the country. And we have it! :D

And this has dual meanings: North Carolina is known as the Tarheel state. And if you want a little historical background on that, we used to be big, big producers of tar. And as anyone who works with tar knows (and anyone who's resourceful, such as myself. :P), it leaves a stain that's VERY hard to get off your heel!

As for the other meaning, it has to do with a sports team; a COLLEGE sports team:
Remember when I said Rusty is a big fan of this team? So is my mother. I've kinda been pulled into it. :P

Case in point; The Duke Blue Devils and Carolina Tarheels have a heated rivalry (to say the LEAST).

And this is an example of our normal license plate. It says, "Cherokee" (duh. XD). Cherokee indians are cool; my grandfather is half Cherokee. :D

Ah, yes. Fort Fisher's aquarium. I've been there DOZENS of times. But it's still a gorgeous place, even if I practically know the place like the back of my hand.

And all the major details of our flag. Hooray for our state flag! :D XD

And with that, I finish.

CZYA

1 comment:

netsirK said...

Yay for a bit of state pride! I love how all states have little inside jokes and quirks. :D

And awesome new template! It looks really cool. 8)