This...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

06 September 2008

I WAS MISTAKEN.

Correction -- that 2 PM downpour from yesterday was NOT Hanna.

What woke me up at 1:30 AM this morning WAS Hanna.

Well, actually....
No, it wasn't...
What woke me up at 1:30 in the morning was this strangely creepy and somewhat frightening nightmare (and I had the same nightmare TWICE!), that I have no recollection of now, thank goodness, that got me up.
I was quite unnerved, and I wanted to set my mind straight, so I turned on my TV. I always do that when I can't get to sleep or am too freaked out to go to sleep.
So, the TV stays on for a good couple of minutes, then BOOM! Power surge. EVERYTHING SURGED. Gasp, breathe, breathe. I was NOT happy. So I turned the TV back on, and within a few MORE minutes, BOOM!! ANOTHER power surge.
And what makes it all the more creepy for me, is that whenever we get a power surge, something (I have NO idea what, but I may ask) in my living room beeps. And while it's normal for me, it DOES tend to freak me out in the middle of the night in the middle of a natural disaster after a frightening nightmare occurs twice. Yah.
And I turn on the TV again... BOOM!!!
Complete darkness hits my room.

Beep!
Beep.
Beep.
Beep.
Beep.

A power OUTAGE. Oi, that makes the beeper go HAYWIRE, beeping at an annoyingly continuous pace. But it doesn't last for too long; my VCR starts making sounds, my TV's little red light flickers back to life, and so does our outside house-mounted light, which for some reason had been on for most of last night.
After all that, my mother comes in, and I switch from my previous channel to the Weather Channel, and the news is in: Hanna made landfall.

Thanks to God (:D), I manage to calm down enough to retrieve my iPod from its charger before the next surge. So, for the next.... I dunno, hour... I go through power surges, IMMEDIATELY followed by an outage. Of course, by that time, I was no longer freaked out by the nightmare I had, and was happily jamming to iPod.

The surges were coming at a much slower rate by 3 AM, and I took advantage of the situation by grabbing that bogus laptop I use and blogged about earlier. I turned it on (eventually), and I found our internet modems had been temporarily knocked out. Grrrrrr!
And since I didn't really want to leave my room then, I decided to give up and put the laptop back in its proper place.

And I stayed up until a little after 4 AM, then I went back to bed. The TV was turned off by the last power surge I remember.

And when I woke up later, I stared out my window, saw all the debris, and said to myself, "Is that IT?!"

I've been through worse. But most of the worst ones, I don't even remember. XD
Like Fran.
Or Floyd.
Or Bonnie.
Or, my personal favorite of all of 'em (and the only one I remember), Ophelia.
Ophelia rocked. The debris from that thing was EVERYWHERE! XD

Can we get another Ophelia, please? XD

Ok, that be it for now.

CZYA

1 comment: