This...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

06 August 2008

Joey

I said in one of the before blogs that I'd talk about my older dog, Joey, and since I have nothing better to do, so I shall.

It all began a couple years back, about... 2003. I remember that we were looking for yet another companion for our other dog, Izzi (who now belongs to one of my uncles), one that would be an inside dog. We turned to a website called PetFinder. There, we found out about a Chihuahua mix named Joey.

At the time, he was 3 years old. And when we went out to Burgaw, NC, to see about him, we learned he was found some time back, wandering down a dirt road, with nowhere to go. From his behavior, his foster mother believed he once belonged to someone who probably abused him.
But he had to be neutered, so we couldn't take him home right then. We had to wait until after his surgery and he had fully recuperated.

I still remember what I did the day before Joey's first day with us. Back then, I was in the 3rd grade and we went on an all-day field trip to Charlotte (NC), and all day, my mind kept wandering back to Joey.

That next day, about 10 AM, Joey was brought to our place. He was understandably nervous, as I recall, but it wasn't long before we got used to him.
But either the first or second night after we got him, I accidentally allowed Joey to pull one of his now-infamous escapes. We did get him back, after about an hour or so of him giving us the runaround.

Now, Joey is about 7, maybe 8 years old. But you wouldn't be able to tell that by his boundless energy.
Since that night, he's pulled countless more escapes. Between then and now, Joey has shared a house with two other dogs. The first one being our black Cardigan Welsh Corgi mix, Izzi, who had been there since I was about six years old, and after one of my uncles decided to take her to his own place, we got another dog, a Chihuahua/Pomeranian mix we named Trixy.
She has also escaped with Joey in the most recent attempts. Both dogs are pretty much inseperable, so much that they even respond to each other's names.

Two strange things about Joey:
  • His bark is very deep for a Chihuahua; it sounds kinda like it was a German Shepherd barking instead of a Chihuahua mix.
  • He seems to be waging a war against fleas. He grooms himself, Trixy, Princess (as I've mentioned in an earlier blog), and the furniture he's currently sitting at. It's quite weird.

And now you know about my older dog. :D :D

CZYA

No comments: