This...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

08 January 2009

FMC and other stuff

Hai.
I know the name "Paul Colman" is a sensitive string to some of y'all right now. I'm hoping it isn't, but I've had this blog idea on my mind for a while.

All of you, hopefully, have heard "Fill My Cup," a classic PC3 song we heard on New Map Of The World and on radio stations in various places.
But... for most of you, I believe, this is the only version you've heard. I've heard a different version, one that plays in Aussie and New Zealand... and the lyrics are quite different.

For instance -- the first verse after the chorus for us:

Called on You lately,
Come on and rescue me,
I feel like a calender from another year.
This barren ground,
These bones are dry and ready.
I break bread and wine, but still I'm feelin' so empty.

And the "Aussie" version:

Come on You lately,
Come on and rescue me.
Been at You lately,
But I've been more at me.
Love is a lesson I never learned in school.
Sick in bed that day,
And so I play Your fool.

The chorus has no change, in case you wanna know. ;)

And the second verse. The "American" version:

Sick of this seesaw
Of going up and down,
I see the rescue,
But would I rather drown?
Love is a lesson I never learned in school,
I was sick in bed that day,
And so I played a fool.

And the "Aussie" second verse:

Sick of this seesaw
Of going up and down,
Promised consistency to You in my wedding vow,
Call me up, whisper in my ear,
I feel like a calender
From another year.

And the "Aussie" version also has a third verse that the "American" version lacks. And it's my favorite:

Talk to me without manipulation,
Shoot from your hip,
You'll shock the congregation,
Wake me up whenever supper's ready,
Break bread and wine, but still I'm feelin' empty.

And then... there was this little thing I saw on Paul's website. This verse isn't on the recording I have, and now I want it. :P But I think it replaces our "American" version's bridge... which would be:

I feel like (or light. It says both. ;) ) I could float right up to You
Like a bridge that's connectin' the water.

The verse I found... it says this:

I feel light I could float up to you weights and all
I feel like a bridge on the water connecting your shore
Start me up and let me fly with you
This barren ground these bones are dry and empty.

Yeah.

But now, back to the awesomeness of Jody returning. :D
It seems as though some of you have not been fans long enough to truly appreciate Jody. But then again, I should keep my mouth shut, seeing as I became a fan two years ago.
But then again, I've seen Jody on ONIP and RRHOF and his interviews on the latter and immediately knew of his awesomeness. :) He talked about poor Bethany, which was definitely bittersweet.

And all this talk of Jody reminds me of a certain caption on JfH...


And the winning caption? Can anyone guess it??

"A cold sweat ran down Bryan's back. Jody Davis had returned and he wanted back in the band!"

:D It's coming true! But replace Bryan's name with Pauly. And the photo with this one:

"Who's leaving the band?? YOU ARE!"
*sniffle* "W-w-what??" *cries*

XD

CZYA

8 comments:

netsirK said...

Coolio! You lucky person having special Aussie versions. :P I like he lyrics better in the one ye have.

That's one of my fav captions ever!!
Poor Paul looks scared to death. XD

Anonymous said...

Ah yes...one of my favorite captions (Right next to the one NetsirK and I won :P) I've also got a certain appreciation for the "Jody? Can you hear me? We need you back; Phil's gone and we can't reach the hair quota." one now too ;)
LOL! That last one is the best though!! But...Paul Colman? Who's Paul Colman? He wasn't in the Newsboys was he? Ooops, sorry. For a second there I forgot >;)

CrimeSceneFairy said...

*cries in a corner * I never even heard the American version. Wah.
Tehe. Tehe.
XD I love that picture.
Poor Paulipops.
Baibai

Brittany November said...

I just got back from my guitar lesson and we stopped at the Bon-Ton beforehand. The girl behind the expensive-looking-perfume counter gave me a snort of Dolce&Gabanna. It's AWESOME!!! :-D

Anonymous said...

I didn't know there was two versions! I've always heard the Aussie version (obviously)

Kristen said...

Poor Paul!! The first picture Jody/Bryan is very funny but the second is sad. Peter looks like Sack (or was it Hack?) and Paul reminds me of poor Jeff. :( To much DUtBT obviously. :P

You mean the Serious Fun version? Have you seen the music video for that version? It's on YouTube.

Acoustichick said...

Anybody else see irony in the JFH pic caption?

Brittany November said...

Yeah; 'specially since they're going out on tour...AND VOTA IS ONE OF THE OPENING BANDS!!! *Wicked laughter*