This...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

02 February 2009

From The Songwriting Desk of...

PAUL EVAN COLMAN

And if you say that Jesus is alive
Then he's walking right there by your side
Why do you ask what would Jesus do?
- "Pray"

They say just follow your heart,
Yeah, but what if it lies?
- "Run"

Gurus on the chat show saying, "here is life."
Movie stars and heroes say "I found myself!"
But we got to find each other before our time runs out.
- "Live It!"

Welcome to the banquet table
All My friends, won't you please gather 'round
He said you're welcome at My banquet table
You're My friends if you've got love inside you're heart
No one's righteous, no one's better
So take a look inside.
- "Banquet Table (part 3)"

Life can get so complicated
You forget what's real you forget what's good
And they tell you you're educated
If you complicate the simple truth.
- "All U Need"

We all have the same heart
Beneath our skin the same blood
Flowing from our Maker's hand
We all wear the same wrong
But we're covered by God's Holy One
- "Gloria (All God's Children)"

I've questioned my reasons
The life I'm living
I've questioned my ability
To judge wrong from right
I've questioned all the things that I've ever called certain
My race, my religion, my country, my mind
But the one thing I don't question is You.
- "The One Thing"

And I've read about my Jesus Christ,
And I've received His sacrifice,
But is it turn the other cheek or is it stand and fight?
'Cause I'm just a simple pilgrim I'm not a man with wisdom.
What do I do when there's a thief at my door?
Do I resist him or in silence assist him?
What seemed right isn't clear anymore!
Is it the fall of a nation or the great tribulation?
The eve of invasion or the book of revelation?
Well I'll wear my freedom as an invitation
To the God of creation whose keeping the score.
- "Last Night In America"

PHILLIP JOEL URRY

Don't waste your life.
- "DWYL" (no der. :P)

Shine the light on big ol' Pink Elephant.
Shine the light, he's no friend of ours!
- "Pink Elephant"

Heaven is not so far away,
We will be home someday!
- "Together"

Things aren't exactly what I thought they would be.
I won't pretend, disappointment's never free--
The sky's on fire.
Feels like the sky's on fire...
But I still love You
Although my sky's on fire.
- "Author Of Life"

I played the fool so long,
Thought I was so strong,
All the while,
You knew it wasn't true.
- "The Man You Want Me To Be"

Thinking things over,
You really make me smile,
You are more than a distant father figure,
You are the unpredictable God.
- "All So Good"

Still, this is my only hope,
This is the way to freedom,
'Cause You are not so concerned with my justice,
You let go of Your rights,
And You expect the same from me,
To let the ones who wrong me go free.
- "Burning Down"

When You came looking for me,
I thought it was over,
I thought we were history,
And all I could think about
Was how I let You down.
How I let You down!
My heart has played the harlot,
And wandered far from home...
And You came calling,
Always calling.
- "Jealous"

Our time betrays us,
And our minds, they try to enslave us;
But there remains, nonetheless,
Perfect hope that will lead us to rest,
Perfect rest.
- "Fragile"

Drown tonight,
All this noise inside,
Holy Spirit, won't You speak?
I will be silent.
Take this heart of mine,
Turn it to the Divine!
Break distractions,
I will learn the sound of silence.
- "Drown"

Surrounding,
The weight of Your name,
So astounding,
Strength of Your arms,
Spirit falling,
Speaking again,
I am listening.
I stand in awe.
- "Awe"

PETER ANDREW FURLER

I know it's hard to hear promises
When the blue has turned to gray.
Nobody said it was easy,
But I know you'll find your way.
- "The Letter"

Take these pieces,
Thrown away,
Put them together
Through night and day,
Washed by the sun,
Dried by the rain,
To be my Father in my fatherless days.
- "Always"

And I know that it’s coming,
But I can’t see it now;
And I’ve touched it in moments,
But I can’t hold it yet;
And it glows in the darkness,
And it calls us away,
To our true destination,
To that glorious day!
- "Hallelujah" (2003)

Silence all, now go to sleep,
The water's free, the well is deep,
How can return that which we never could earn?
And God, I long to see her face,
We haven't a hope beyond Your grace,
I know that You will overcome evil...
For good.
- "Elle G."

We lose hope,
We mumble our prayers
We seal off the stairs
And never dare believe Your reach
Can pass through stone,
Can lead a child home,
Can make the dead start blinking.
- "Miracle Child"

How faithful and true
Sustain me through and through
You are hope and truth
You’re my spring of living water
You’re my spring of living water...
In the lone hour You are there
Lord, in my sorrow, You're there...
Like a well-watered garden,
Whose springs never fail
Be faithful and true
Like a well-watered garden,
Like a spring it never fails
You're my spring that never fails.
- "When The Tears Fall*"

No matter who you are,
No matter where you run,
No matter what you do,
What you're going through,
When it all comes 'round,
Everyone's Someone.
- "Everyone's Someone"

Now is the time,
And here is the place,
As we lose these hours casting blame,
We should be saying grace.
We can find a better way,
We can stand on common ground.
We can work this out between us
Before the sun goes down,
We come together.
- "We Come Together"

Don't ask why. Just reflect. ;)
* And before you comment about "When The Tears Fall," highlight the gap below:

Yes, I realize the nb did not create "When The Tears Fall," and I know it's just a cover.
But *coughowancough*, hear me out.

Have you ever heard the nb version of this song all the way through? It's gorgeous. Very touching, very beautiful. I remember listening to this song in the pitch of night, sitting on a school bus and letting such circumstances magnify the meaning and the mood of this song. Especially the lyrics I've posted; in case you haven't heard the song before and/or don't know, these lyrics are sung only by Peter. Nothing is backing him in these lyrics, and what's more, the way he carefully sings each lyric, I can tell it came from the heart.
Of course, this is all my humble opinion, but this song still touches me in a soft spot, precisely because it's still and soft... the way the voice of God Himself is described.

Now tell me, is that so wrong? ;)

CZYA

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Gah! No highlighting with the iPod. :(

Paulipops!! That's my absolute favorite part of Run. Love it. And that's a good part of The One Thing.

Pink Elephant!! :D (Do I sound like Katie?)

And Peter!! I love that part of The Letter. ;)

netsirK said...

What good song writers they are!!

CrimeSceneFairy said...

hehe, Owan.
anyway
Yay, now we have a cheat sheet for when you do Paulipops and Phil songs on the song game!! :D
*highlights *
Nope, that's not so wrong.
I think I have listened to it all the way through but I wasn't paying attention.
*runs to iTunes *
speaking of iTunes, i'm trying to decide what House of Heroes song to buy. can you pleeeez check out the End is not the End and listen to the little clip thingies so you can tell me which one to buy?
Thanks, i knew i could count on you. :P
*listens to When the Tears Fall *
't sounds like Phil singin in the backround, but I guess that's Pete accompany-ing (?) hisself. :D
it's a really pretty song anyways.
Baibai

Brittany November said...

Really? They didn't sing When Tears Fall first? I never heard the original one then...but I'm sure it's not as awesome as they're version ;)