This...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

16 February 2009

25 Random Things

Hai. I'm gonna do that 25 random things about me tag. It's optional, so if you want to do it, I'm not gonna stop you, nor make you.
Besides, most of these are for Duncan's eyes (he knows much less about me than you guys do. ;]), so most of them are gonna be things I've said to most of you before.

1. I was born on September 9, 1994, making Peter Furler exactly 28 years and one day older than me. And Going Public (and therefore, the original Shine) approximately 45 days older than me.

2. I have two dogs, four cats, two birds, a pondful of goldfish, eight chickens and two goats. We had a baby chick with a messed-up leg, too. But the poor thing died. :(

3. A couple years back, I taught myself to whistle -- at long last -- and have been abusing that ability ever since.

4. My vocals are a work in progress -- roughly eight years in the making.

5. Most girls are better at texting than typing at a computer -- I am the exact opposite.

6. Most of my abilites, I developed at the age of three. A few examples are computer usage and reading.

7. From my years as an obsessive newsboys fan, I have become a nb encyclopedia... and have collected a massive amount of merchandise -- I'm pretty sure I have more collectible nb stuff than actual albums.

8. I am known to be multitalented -- singing, writing, drawing, you name it. But I don't really think that.

9. I tend to be a perfectionist, to the point of being obsessive-compulsive -- sure, I'm messy, but things have to be straight. Have to be.

10. I've said it once, and I shall say it for all eternity -- I am a spoiled brat, and not proud of it.

11. I love my youth group, but I still have the nagging feeling that they don't want me there.

12. I have been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. :P Therefore, I'm painfully shy, socially awkward, obsessive-compulsive and I lack control of emotions at times. There are things I'd love to do, but can't because of the following things.

13. I have been to three newsboys concerts, with each being memorable in their own way. Can't wait for the next one.

14. I always thought I became a newsboys fan for no very good reason whatsoever. See Faith and Fame.

15. My musical taste is vast -- from metal (aka Demon Hunter), to soft gospel (aka the late Rich Mullins), and everything inbetween... Christian music only, too. I even like the cheesy stuff (aka the first nb albums and Skillet's debut album) -- don't really know why.

16. Along the lines of obsessive-compulsive, I tend to be very particular about spelling... and grammar, at times.

17. Most kids with ASD (autism spectrum) tend to take things literally and not realize it -- but I like to joke around that way. :D

18. I've had very bad experiences with former friends -- as a result, I work very hard to keep friendships I have. I've drifted apart from too many friends.

19. If I get really bored, I caption newsboys photos -- they tend to be a hit. :P

20. I enjoy the evening and nighttime... I don't know, it's just really soothing, especially when there's a full moon out. :)

21. I love animals... especially dogs and similar canines. :)

22. Along with numbers 21 and 1, I have a LOT in common with Peter... it's always fun to see just how much we have in common.

23. Just as I was born on September 9, I nearly died that day, too. Umbilical cord wrapped around my neck = not good.

24. Being that I've lived near the beach all my life, I LOVE water -- I readily run out and dance in a downpour of rain.

25. And I can't think of anymore. Woohoo for short-term memory loss! XD

There ya go. :)

CZYA

4 comments:

CrimeSceneFairy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CrimeSceneFairy said...

Hehehe. i dont think I'd think of 25 thingies. I'd end up sayin
I have a friend named Blueh...
I have a friend named netsirK...
I have a friend named Hannah who needs a blog...
I have a friend named Verja...
I love Monk....
uh...I really love Monk
I really really love MOnk
and stuff like that. :)
Fair dinkum!
i mean bai

Kristen said...

Very interesting! Even if it wasn't really meant for the rest of us. :D

It's not like I knew you had chickens. I think I picked up the computer pretty quickly (always love techno stuff!) but I wasn't really given a chance to learn it. I did all my learning sitting on the back of my mom's office chair. And it took me forever to learn to read! I was, like, nine before I could do it. But at nine I still had problems with the word "philistine." :P

I wanna see Faith and Fame so bad!

My brother almost died too... Cord wrapped around his neck, uh-huh. He's fine now, though. It was a interesting night though, I was ten or something when it happened. ;)

Brittany November said...

I must say that I don't know a whole lot about Autism, but after reading this post I'm kind of weirded out. Not at you, of course, but myself. Obsessive compulsive?? Socially awkward?? Bad experiences with former friends and working your butt off to keep the one(s) you have?? Taking things literally?? That's really weird...um, I do all of things :/ A LOT!! I wonder if I...maybe...just maybe?? It would explain a lot anyways.