This...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

27 July 2008


Ok, since I'm once again bored out of my brain, I dug in my dad's laptop's hard drive and found this. One my favorite captioned photos. Is it funny? I don't have a clue. You peeps tell me.

But anyway... that wasn't why I was gonna blog... oh, here's something...
I went to church today (der)... these two girls came in to my Sunday School class (if I'm a perky gal, they're overly perky... it's kinda strange to think about it. O_o). These two were the same girls I sang the newsboys song "Who?" to just last Sunday. Unlike my youth leader (I don't know what's wrong with ol' Rusty...), who I'm fairly sure has something against me singing, they really liked my vocals. I was somewhat impressed, and quite happy with their response. And although Rusty may make me mad by silencing me when I desperately want to sing, I still love him... O hyper one that he is.
So anyways, this week, I was listening to the Paul Colman Trio's "The Killing Tree," and although I did want to sing again, I didn't get the chance to. But I got over it soon enough. Especially when everyone started flooding in. And it got pretty out-of-control very quickly... with one of the two girls, whom I shall call by her nickname, "Nanner," started going after one of the boys in there, and kept saying they were boyfriend/girlfriend. But luckily, Rusty arrived to save the day; and I said, "It's that guy! Whoever he is!" He laughed it off and I gave him the first of many, many hugs today.
So eventually, our Sunday School teacher, Malcolm, arrived and Rusty left. As he did, I said, "Sure! Go ahead and leave, why don'tcha!"
We started going through our lesson, with very frequent interruptions from "Nanner," which poor Malcolm was trying his best to ignore, but one does not ignore a teenage girl who keeps leaping at a boy, calling him her boyfriend, nor do they ignore when she shouts out at random times. Last time "Nanner" decided to go... loopy... Malcolm left us with a speech, which is NOT the norm of Malcolm Britt.
But today, when "Nanner" sat on the floor, she and Malcolm switched chairs, and just so you get an idea of what our classroom is like... Malcom has a table, we don't.
Anyway, as Malcolm finished up the lesson, "Nanner" took an eyeliner wand and started decorating one of the Sunday School books, and Malcolm didn't take it very well.
And that, pretty much, was my Sunday School class today.
Now, on to what happened earlier this evening...
I retreated outside, like I usually do, and sat on a concrete uprising, which was connected to our third building by a little "bay" of sorts, which used to house our church vans (where they went, I haven't a clue). I sat there and turned on my iPod, which is in a little speaker system/dock... it rocks. There, I sat and listened to Paul Colman Trio songs contentedly, until I decided to come back inside. And a few more minutes after I came in, Rusty arrived.
We ended up watching this video we were familiar with... the Lifehouse "Everything" performance seen on YouTube and GodTube... the live version. We had to watch it again because we're planning on re-enacting all this. And Rusty was trying to pull it all together... in their planned two weeks. Yippee.
And after another excellent sermon from our pastor, we were dismissed while the rest of the congregation had a business meeting. Which meant that we could have some fun.
I retreated to my place outside once again, and managed to pour my heart out singing "The Killing Tree" a couple of times, then singing "Fill My Cup." But when I came to "Turn," the whole group was beginning to migrate outside. So much for any more of that. But I tried to save the situation by sprinting all the way across the back field of our church (which is delightfully huge), flipping to a newsboys song: "Something Beautiful."
But that hiding spot got overrun as well, and so I started heading back to my original spot, only to grow tired and flop onto the grass. When Rusty came by, after trying to find a dodgeball for my restless mates, I told him, "Don't mind me... I'm just catching my breath."
I sat there in the grass for a little while, listening to "Shine" live, "Strangely Normal," and "Taste and See." Then, I got up and went inside the dark, deserted third building.
There, I got some water and ended up dancing to the intro of the remixed "Rescue," and sprinted the length of the building. After that, I went to the next song on my iPod, "Resolution." I backtracked in another sprint, and happily danced to that song in the gymnasium. I was tired after all that, and I sat down at one of the tables set up there, and played a favorite of mine: "Unified." But I cut it short and headed for "Bleed," a song I usually turn to when I'm feeling down.
But I had hatched a thought in my head, and I ascended the flight of stairs, flipping to a song on the same newsboys album as "Taste and See," called "Stay With Me." It's a very beautiful song, in my opinion, but I couldn't listen to it without feeling restless and unnerved in the dark, otherwise silent building. So I eventually left and to make the ending short, my time of fun had come to an end. At least I got to listen to my iPod some.
And that was my day. I'm glad someone took the time to sit and listen to me rant. Good day to you. *gets up and leaves*
CZYA

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*raises hand* I like your caption!

Oi, sounds like there's a few obnoxious peeps at your church. People can be so annoying.

Theophilus said...

PHIKA ON DADS COMPUTER

Hello there, camera.
xD

o.O
Long post
But I read all of it!
I wish I had more CD's
Unfortunately I don't and I can't get any.
I'm saving up for my own laptop.
Which is something at the moment that I don't have.
So I can't get CD's
Unlees it's for my birthday
But I want the newest Casting Crowns CD and then newsboys and toby mac's live CD/DVDs and then some old Newsboys, maybe some Paulipops and Phurry CDs

Gotta love lemurs

Blueh said...

It's funny; apparently, you can go off and do your own thing in our youth group (like I did last night), and no one from our group would notice.

I'll have to remember that next Sunday. :p