This...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

24 July 2008

MIDNIGHT BLOGGING

Blog number two... what to blog, what to blog...

How 'bout a tribute to Phika and our favorite band, newsboys?

Somehow, I know she'll be tickled by this...



Okies. I perused her archives some time ago, and found this.

It was really, really fascinating, and I thought,

"Hey, if Phika is a Star Wars name, what are the Star Wars names of these guys??"

So, my brainstorm...



PETER FURLER, newsboys frontman: Furpe. lol. Sounds like "Furby."



PHIL JOEL, former newsboys bassist: This one'll be interesting... since technically, Phil has two last names (his original last name, and his stage/current last name), I'll list 'em both:



Urrph and Joeph. Both are pretty funny.



JEFF FRANKENSTEIN, newsboys keyboardist: Fraje. Wow, how does one pronounce it? I think this one's my second favorite.



PAUL COLMAN, newsboys guitarist: Colpa! I think I might name my next pet that. lol.



DUNCAN PHILLIPS, newsboys drummer: Phidu. We've jokingly called him Phika's "Uncle Duncan," since their last names are the same and they're both vertically challenged.



Ok, now that's over... bummer.



Ok, onto another of Phika's blogs (hey, it's midnight here! I'm not only bored again, but my brain is addled)... this one...



It reminds me of back when I had my Photobucket account and I captioned newsboys photos... boy, that was fun.



Wanna see some? Alright, hold on...





This is Paul. This was one of the last photos I captioned before Photobucket shut down my account... I got the idea from a little joke Paul did during the 8th newsboys podcast... think "That's my applause." lol.

Now this one, I had to caption... Paul being silly with Jeff... the "sausage and egg casserole" thing has to do with the DVD that came with a limited edition of one of their latest CDs, GO. It's pretty fun. Peter and one of their fairly well-known roadies, Steve Campbell, were raving at how "light and fluffy" it was. Good times, good times...

The guy with the long, blonde hair is Phil. He's a Kiwi, which means he's from New Zealand. Nice place. The guy beside him with the neat red guitar is Jody Davis, a well-known predecessor of Paul's. When he was in the band, Jody rocked.
And vegemite? Most Aussies (and certain Kiwis, like Phil) go nuts for this nasty smelling spread. It's supposed to be made from yeast extract, and unless you spread it very lightly on whatever, apparently, it can be pretty nasty. Unless you were raised in Aussie or Kiwiland, or you're very eager and determined, you have no hope of liking it.

This is an older picture of Duncan. Dunny has a mohawk now. The man is crazy funny. He and Peter, drum rivals as they are, both come up with the most random faces. Which is why I had to caption this.

And finally, this pearler. The bald one is Pete, and the guy on his left, our right, is Jeff... it's older, so of course Jeff looks different. This caption was poking fun at what a certain fan called Jeff's Narcolepsy... no, he's not really narcoleptic, he just had this knack of closing his eyes in photos. Especially fan photos. Why? Who knows. Does he still do it? I doubt it.

And there you have it. Pics, and a little explanation so you wouldn't be completely lost.

CZYA

3 comments:

CrimeSceneFairy said...

Love how you named the comments 'objections' lol
Love the pictures
Urrph is the best
So my dad, Phido, and my brothers Phicla and Phiji have a long lost brother named Phidu!!! Hurrah!!!!!!
So much fun
:)
also did you see my post about Claiken? It's where you take a person first name and last name and mesh em together so I'd be Kallips and Kevin Max would be Kax and Petey would be Purler. xD
And the best part is PHil
His Claiken name is
Phurry!!!!!!!!!
HAHAHA!!!!

Blueh said...

Lol!
But technically, Phil is furry (talkin' 'bout that big mane on his head), so it fits!!

My Claiken name: Scatcher. Nothing really interesting, in my opinion... in fact, if it had another "r," it'd be "scratcher!" *gasp*

Anonymous said...

LOL! This is hilarious! Colpa totally sounds like a hamster name. :p I love your captions, too. I hadn't seen the one of Jeff and Paul before.

I guess my Claiken name is Krell. Sounds a bit too much like krill, in my opinion.