This...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

08 May 2009

RSL 1984

Oh. Hai. :)
I am here... to state my views on the only song I have from ITHOG at the moment...
RSL 1984. :)

So... where do I begin?
It's beauty. Pure beauty.
You can definitely tell this song refers to the military... Aussie military, in this case.
The pride is unmistakable... say what you want, but I believe that's what makes this song beautiful.
"Grant me another day..."
I don't know the whole lyrics, bare with me. :P
Anyway...
I won't lie, the song is sad, too. Especially with the circumstances... but it's obvious why Tait will NEVER be able to do this song, period.
It's too bad Duncan hasn't sung in over a decade... ;) Because he's the only newsboy that would ever be qualified now to come even close to playing this song...

*ahem* I can't stay on that subject.
Now I need a photo to end this post on a lighter note...








CZYA

4 comments:

Brittany November said...

I got my album yesterday. IT'S AWESOME!!! :-D

"My Friend Jesus"is CLASSIC! ;)

RSL 1984 is such a great song. I luv it...

I think the whole lyric is something like:


"Let the tears turn to gold/ah, and the hell we've raised/Lord let it fade away/*BlahBlah.Something I can't remeber*/grant me another day."

Those are the ones I remember off the top of my head. I hope you get to have all the songs a listen soon :-D

CrimeSceneFairy said...

I lurrrrv RSL! It's just plain awesome. Don't worry about it though, they don't do every song in concert. :) Tait will do just fine with songs like My Friend Jesus and This Is Your Life. :)
HAHA @ first picture :D :D :D
um. i decided not to send you songs. Sorry, but it's for your own good. It's more fun to get the CD. plz no be mad at me. *big cheese *

netsirK said...

Agree, agree, agree! That'd be really... weird if Tait sang it. Although you forgot that Jeff could sing it with his vocorder. XD Yeah, he's not Australian but he's one of the "old" members.

Yay, funnies! :D

Jesus Freak94 said...

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!
RSL 1984.
I can't say in words how I feel about that song. It is absolutely beautiful, but it makes me cry every time. It is such a farewell song.
:'(

But it's amazing!!!!

I don't want Tait to sing it. Ever. Sorry Tait, but just not this song. or No Grave.